About M.A.M.A. Multiboxing
MAMA is an open-source MultiBoxing (dual-boxing) addon with the following design goals:
Opensource license (so if the current author gets hit by a bus, anyone else can pick it up and/or make improvements)
High quality code
Low footprint (both memory and cpu and addon chatter)
Works with a single code base on both Wow Classic and regular (SL as of this writing)
Let's you have dynamic teams with or without ISBoxer
M.A.M.A. stands for MooreaTv's/minimal yet Awesome Multiboxing Assistant in reverence to grandfather of all (good) multi-boxing addons: Jamba (Jafula's Awesome MultiBoxing Assistant), which also inspired the EMA name.
Optionally: have a look at WowOpenBox.org for the only open-source windows multiboxing software verifiably compliant with Blizzard's new rules.
What does it do ?
Right now M.A.M.A relies on my DynamicBoxer for a lot of the functionality
Let's you use DynamicBoxer without requiring the now banned ISBoxer, including fast in order invite/disband, EMA sync, etc... just set your window slot # in the options panel or with
/mama s N.
Let's you keybind or slash command "followme" and "promoteme" (
/mama altogetherand keybinding to do both "follow me" and "make me lead" in one efficient command. (1 addon message).
/click MamaAssistin front of your macro to assist whoever you are leading with. (you can
/mama lead othertoonto assist another character like a tank when it's not your own/you joined another party)
/mama mount dismountand keybindings for mounting/dismounting as a team. Note that only dismount works in classic.
Set EMA master when setting group lead (if EMA is installed and config checkbox is on, but
/click MamaAssistis faster and more reliable)
Set loot to free for all (and back to group when inviting extra)
Share/accept quests on minions, Abandon quests as a team.
Take same flight path as your team
and more coming quite often... see
Input on feature prioritization is most welcome!
Mama might eventually also ensure your multiboxing or dual boxing team can do stuff like:
And more features per your request(s) !
Mama works well in conjunction with ISBoxer and DynamicBoxer but also with other multiboxing software or hardware
As mentioned above there is a one time setup/pairing with DynamicBoxer:
/mama s 1 in window 1,
/mama s 2 in window 2,
/mama s 3 in window 3 etc... then copy the token from dynamicboxer window 1 and paste in the other windows. Type return after
Ctrl-C (copy) from window1 then paste
Ctrl-V in all other windows as prompted. It may take a
/reload the first time to complete the one time setup.
Set in game keybind for "mama alltogether" so you can trigger both follow me and make leader in 1 key/addon message. (and the other commands too)
/click MamaAssist in front of your macro to assist whoever you are leading with.
If you see anything red in the dbox-mama blue status window: something is wrong! try
/reload and read the messages in the chat window if it persists. Repeat the setup carefully (
/dbox show if you closed the dialog) and if that still doesn't work come to discord.
Get the binary release using curse/twitch/overwolf/... clientshttps://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/mama-multiboxing
You will also need https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/dynamicboxer
The source of the addon resides on https://github.com/mooreatv/MAMA-multiboxing(and the MoLib library at https://github.com/mooreatv/MoLib)
Releases detail/changes are on https://github.com/mooreatv/MAMA-multiboxing/releases
ChangeLog for Mama by MooreaTv (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your input/suggestions welcome !
- See open issues for ideas https://github.com/mooreatv/Mama/issues)
v1.7.1 Jan 3rd 2022
- use hooksecurefunc() instead of replacing functions to improve retail compatibility
v1.7.0 December 19th 2021
- Added synchronization of npc dialog choices across team
v1.6.5 December 14th 2021
- Fix distant flight path when toons have exact same matching idsI swear it works now :-) Thx Sawyer for the help/reports
v1.6.4 December 14th 2021
- Make Flight Path taking work also for distant flights
v1.6.3 December 13th 2021
- Abandon with team now working and only abandoning if really abandoningAlso will refuse to abandon completed quests
v1.6.2 December 13th 2021
- Disable Abandon quest for now as it triggers on quest completion(!) my badwill fix asap
v1.6.1 December 13th 2021
- Fix Abandon quest with Team
v1.6.0 December 12th 2021
- Added option to abandon quests as a team
- Simplified quest sharing code
v1.5.0 December 1st 2021
- Added taking same Flight Path option
v1.4.1 December 1st 2021
- Fixed bug where
/mama mwith no argument would get a warning (#8)
- Fixed bug with new auto quest that wasn't working on SL (#10)
v1.4.0 November 28th 2021
- New option to set auto set loot to FFA (and reset to group if inviting extra people)
- New option to auto share/accept quests (
/mama quest, thanks @patrick-east for the contribution!)
- TOC updates for SoM and Shadowlands
v1.3.2 Sept 2nd 2021
- Updated TOC for Burning Crusade 2.5.2
v1.3.1 June 29th 2021
- Updated TOCs for Shadowlands Chains of Domination (90100)
v1.3.0 May 10th 2021
- Support for Burning Crusade Classic (through MoLib v8)
- Multi TOC support ready for Classic, Classic Era, Burning Crusade and Shadowlands
v1.2.2 May (the) 4th (be with you) 2021
- Put the alltogether keybind first as it's the most useful/important one
- Raise the max slot to 16
v1.2.1 April 25th 2021
- Make sure that
/mama s Nalso forces DynamicBoxer to be enabled.
v1.2.0 April 21st 2021
- Change assist behavior on lead to be noop instead of self assist
- Bump classic to 1.13.7
v1.1.6 April 18th 2021
- Pick up new MoLib with multi line output improvements so /mama help output is scrollable
v1.1.5 April 2nd 2021
- Typo in addon config option fixed
v1.1.4 March 28th 2021
- Avoid that EMA errors prevent executing Mama core functions
v1.1.3 March 24th 2021
- Fixed out of party /click MamaAssist
v1.1.2 March 21st 2021
- Fix bug where group info can return nil
v1.1.1 March 9th 2021
- Initialize MamaAssist to the party leader at first (but do use the "alltogether" keybinding)cleaned up leader code.
- Bumped retail TOC
v1.1.0 March 7th 2021
/click MamaAssistand key binding which will assist whichever toon is thecurrent lead. Add this to your macros.(value can't be changed in combat; continue to use party1 for in combat switching)
v1.0.0 Feb 20th 2021
- Option to hide the minimap button and compatibility fixes from MoLib.
- Stable and useful enough to call 1.0!
v0.9.1 Jan 31st 2021
/mama follow trainand key binding to make a train of follow insteadof all following same
- fixed help output (
v0.8.0 Dec 29th 2020
- Mount command now also follows by default.(note that if your minions are a bit far they'll follow and break the castof the mount but you can spam the key now, because:)
- Mount command doesn't unmount.
v0.7.1 Dec 2nd 2020
- Classic 1.13.06 + Toc info/pointers for other addon managers.
v0.7.0 Nov 24th 2020
- Shadowlands 9.0.2 pull fix for blizzard checkboxes missing SetValue from MoLib.
- Update TOC
v0.6.0 Nov 12th 2020
/mama mount dismountand keybindings for mounting/dismountingas a team. Note that only dismount works in classic.
v0.5.0 Nov 11th 2020
- Set EMA master when setting group lead (if EMA is installed and config checkbox is on)
v0.4.2 Nov 10th 2020
/mama altogetherand keybinding to do both "follow me" and "make me lead"in one efficient command. (1 addon message). Fixes #1
v0.3.4 Nov 9th 2020
- Make it clear you need to use
/mama slot xon each window or through
/mama configfirst and do the dynamicboxer one time token setup.
v0.3.3 Nov 8th 2020
/mama f stopand keybinding for stopping follow on teamalso works from any window
/mama s Nto set slot from slash command
/mama leader xsets leader to x (no x = request for self)
v0.03.02 Nov 8th 2020
- Fix for retail/shadowlands with AH event exception and more
v0.03.01 Nov 8th 2020
- Reboot with new multiboxing restrictions, make it work without ISBoxernew /mama follow and /mama lead commands and keybindings!
v0.02.06 Aug 16th 2019
- Make it more clear this is WIP addon at this stage
- Tweaks to options panel handling/indicate functionality/settings are in DynamicBoxer at the moment.
v0.02.05 Aug 15th 2019
- moved more code to MoLib (saved var, addon loaded event handling)
v0.02.04 Aug 14th 2019
- cleanup the zip, adding missing ignores entry in pkgmeta
v0.02.03 Aug 14th 2019
- bit.ly/mamabug for
v0.02.02 Aug 14th 2019
- Minor toc update, going for M.A.M.A. instead of Mama.
v0.02.01 Aug 14th 2019
- Some code is now shared in MoLib
- Sync the /mama debug with /dbox's
- Fixed typo/leftover ppa text from template
v0.02.00 Aug 12th 2019
- (wip) Auction House scan
v0.01.00 Aug 11th 2019
- requires DynamicBoxer v2.05.00
- initial version, created from MooreaTv/WowAddonTemplate./newaddon.sh 'Mama' 'MM' 'Mama' 'MAMA' 'mama' 'Mama: MooreaTv'''s/minimal yet Awesome Multiboxing Assistant (name inspired by Jamba)'